This e-learning course is aimed at managers who may have responsibility for a team of people, or an individual, and are therefore keen to improve their skills of delegation.
Delegation is one of the most important management skills, yet few managers are really good at it, or take advantage of the benefits that effective delegation can bring.
Managers who are able to delegate effectively are key to the success of an organisation, saving time, developing and motivating staff and ensuring they are making the best use of their skills.
This course has been developed to provide learners with an increased understanding of the importance of effective delegation and outlines the key steps to take in order to ensure that they delegate effectively.
On completion of this Virtual College course learners will be able to:
• Explain why delegation is important
• Define what effective delegation is
• Apply the lessons of effective delegation
• Identify tasks suitable for delegation
• Identify employees who can complete tasks effectively
• Demonstrate the different levels of delegation
• Motivate your employees using effective delegation
• Apply effective feedback techniques