This e-learning course is aimed at managers who have a responsibility for managing effective inductions.
The purpose of an induction is to ensure that all staff gain the confidence, skills and knowledge they need to begin performing effectively in the shortest time possible. It helps staff understand the aims of the organisation and the way their role contributes.
If workers’ induction training is unsatisfactory, this can lead to a host of problems, for example, accidents, low job satisfaction, costly mistakes, unsatisfactory performance and high demands on managers.
As a result, this course has been developed to provide learners with the knowledge and skills required to manage an effective induction. On completion, learners will understand the different stages of an induction, and be able to design an induction checklist.
On completion of this Virtual College course learners will be able to:
- Describe the key outcomes of an effective induction
- Identify the fundamental elements of an effective induction
- Appreciate the roles of different people within the process
- Design an induction checklist
- Recognise the different stages in an induction