This e-learning course is aimed at managers who have a responsibility for managing conflict within their team and costs £30.00.
Conflict in the workplace is inevitable as individuals often have different needs, ideas, beliefs and values. If managed constructively, conflict can have a positive outcome, leading to better decision making, stimulating critical thinking and fuelling creativity and innovation.
As a result, this course has been developed to provide learners with the knowledge and skills required to increase constructive responses to conflict, defuse tensions and find productive solutions to difficult problems.
On completion, learners will have an increased awareness of the causes of conflict at work, its effects and how it can be managed and prevented.
On completion of this course learners will:
- Have an awareness of the feelings and behaviours that can be present
- Have an appreciation of the conditions which enable mediation to act as a catalyst for constructive conflict resolution
- Have an awareness of the skills and qualities required of mediators and of one’s own competence in this area
- Have an ability to use the process of mediation
- Have a knowledge of the active listening skills required to develop rapport with disputants
- Have a knowledge of the options available if the decision is taken not to pursue mediation
- Develop ways of working that are impartial
- Have a knowledge of the values and concepts of conflict resolution