This e-learning course is aimed at managers with the responsibility for managing discipline and grievance situations and costs £30.00.
Grievances are concerns, problems or complaints that employees raise with their employers. Employers use disciplinary procedures to tell employees that their performance or conduct isn’t up to the expected standard and to encourage improvement.
Clear rules and standards help managers to act fairly and consistently in both discipline and grievance cases. Breaking rules is what leads into discipline and grievance procedures and it is important that managers conduct these procedures fairly, professionally and in accordance with guidelines.
On completion of this course, learners will have an increased understanding of the differences in a grievance procedure and a disciplinary procedure, and be able to conduct a disciplinary interview.
On completion of this Virtual College course learners will be able to:
- Recognise the differences in a grievance procedure and a disciplinary procedure
- Be familiar with how to investigate disciplinary situations
- Have knowledge of how to conduct a disciplinary interview
- Determine the levels and degrees of discipline
- Appreciate individual rights and the need for appeals
- Recognise the importance of note-taking and record keeping
- Have knowledge of how to respond appropriately to a grievance