This e-learning course has been developed to provide managers with the knowledge and skills required for managing volunteers.
Volunteers will have different reasons and motivations in choosing to volunteer their time. They may opt to volunteer to develop their skills, gain experience or give something back to the community. It is the role of the manager to effectively recruit, motivate, manage and develop volunteers to ensure both parties benefit fully from the process.
As a result, this course has been developed to provide learners with the knowledge and skills required to manage volunteers. On completion, learners will understand how to successfully recruit, induct and motivate volunteers, the essentials associated with volunteers and the law, and the key organisational responsibilities.
By completing this course you should be able to:
- Identify key steps in implementing change successfully
- Appreciate the importance of being clear about why and how we use volunteers
- Be clear about what is involved in recruiting, managing and supporting volunteers
- Be able to identify which polices and procedures need to be in place
- Describe how to motivate and retain volunteers
- Be aware of the difference between a volunteer and an employee
- Have a knowledge of the fundamentals of volunteers and the law